Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

Typography Quilling: Happy Birthday!

Assalamualaikum w.b.t. and Hello all,


    
"LOVE builds the warmest nests"
So true, isn't it?


I guess this post would be my first post of less words written here. It happens when I don't really have things to say, several pictures of lovely card would be enough, perhaps (^___^) I'm sharing another birthday card that I made with typography quilling on top of card, along with roses and bugs.


"This lucky little lady bug
has landed here to stay,
To make my garden pretty
and keep the weeds away"



“Embossed letters represent the topography of typography. ”
~ Jarod Kintz, This Book Has No Title ~



A Malay saying equates the ladybird (KUMBANG) as the MAN and flowers (BUNGA) as the WOMEN itself and it says "Laksana KUMBANG menyeri bunga, KUMBANG terbang, BUNGA pun layu" tells us that "It's MAN that lighten WOMEN, and women soon be faded as the MAN went away"

"Lovely little ladybug
sent from heaven above
please watch over my garden
and fill it up with love."


A cute 'to-do' list attached inside the card as a quick dating invitation (^___^)



"KESAYANGAN" is a Malay word refers to your beloved.

"Ladybugs all dressed in red
Strolling through the flowerbed.
If I were tiny just like you
I'd creep among the flowers too!"
~Maria Fleming~




To be continued in my next post. Thank you.
(^___^)

No comments:

Post a Comment