Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Simply, Friendly, Birthday Wishes!

Assalamualaikum w.b.t and Good Morning,

YES, I got to admit it. This is my favorite birthday card that I made so far. It may not as hard as typography quilling, not as good as trishutter card and surely not as strong as easel card, but I really love this card for how simple the card is and how much time it took for me to get the idea of making it look this way.

 
And for the reason, I hardly let go of this one! A card with very friendly colors. It's great to put little things up, here and there, combines all things possible to make it right. I use almost everything that matches, from my stash. It's like a SCRAP challenge for me and I got to finish it on time.


To be honest, I rarely choose blue (of any kind) or blue-like papers or pattern to work on but everything happened to blend well this time. I really like my turquoise card stock that I bought long ago and I really want it to match the vintage dark yellow pattern papers that I found from my collection. So I added more papers of close tones, white and brown fans, blue roses and yellow daisy, also white bows, banner and pearl.

“I’ll write the word blue in green and when I ask you what color it is,
the proper response is turquoise” 
~ Jarod Kintz ~


It is super not-easy to manually cut all those circles, but that is the sweet way of creating different patterns on card, with less tools and less materials. 

"If you LOVE someone, put their name in a CIRCLE,
not a heart, a heart can be broken, but a circle goes on forever"

"Do what you can, with what you have, not what you need"


My favorite part of this card is the white 'frame' that I made using Belinda's Borders stamp set from LAWN FAWN, such a very sudden idea that turned out to be PERFECT and also the white fan and blue roses had balanced everything. OKAY!



A very short, simple and quick note to get a date (^___^)


LAST but not LEAST,


I think that's all for now.
Thank you all and have a blissful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment