Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Handbound Books: Japanese Binding

Assalamualaikum w.b.t. & Hello everyone,

This is another handbound books that I made using recycle paper and YES, I love it! I fall in love with the little starfish when I found this recycle paper. Nice hah? the love of the ocean (^,~)


I'm practicing japanese binding this time, and I'm satisfied, I guess. At least for now (o_o)


I purposely stitch the book in landscape mode so that it works as a sketch book, a perfect gift for someone that loves to sketch ideas! An artist!

“It was amazing what an hour with her sketchpad could do for her mood. She was sure that the lines she drew with her black marker were going to save her years of worry lines in the future.” 
~ Victoria Kahler, Their Friend Scarlet ~


"I prefer drawing to talking. Drawing is faster, and leaves less room for lies."
~ Le Corbusier ~


Anyway, this video helps me a lot. Watch it if you're planning on stitching your own books. They have lots of tips too! If you have limited tools in your hand, don't worry dearies! They also have solutions for tools substitutes.

That's all for now. Drop me comments if you find this post helps ya!
Happy crafting & Have a blissful day!

2 comments:

  1. hello.. I came across your blog and your handmade books were awesome. I make my own notebooks as well. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi emilyn, thank you so much for dropping by. Glad to hear that you make your own books too. Keep it up ya!

      Delete