Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Let's Say YES to Books and Fabrics!

Assalamualaikum and Hello all,
It's Monday and I'm ready to rock the desk! 

I've experimented a lot, lately, with papers, board and all yummy fabrics that I've collected so far. I just can't get enough time to blog about these all. Fabrics are totally inspiring me to do more than just covering my books. It's a good thing and I'll treat that as a therapy! 

I'm sharing handbound books that I made using crafts papers, binding thread, board, and fabrics as the book covers, also with elastic band as the closure and cute charm as the bookmark. Experimenting phase are great time to mix and match patterns, and try to create good looking books.


These are A6 handbound books with elastic band closure, from front (above) and back (below) view. I love the stars and the houses, that's why I use them a lot in my book project. Yeehoo!


“Make it a rule never to give a child a book you would not read yourself"
~ George Bernard Shaw ~


I made these too, earlier and I realized that I forgot to attached the book closure. My bad, but that's why I call it experimenting phase. A lot to practice and a lot to get used to -_-

“You don't love someone because they're perfect,
you love them in spite of the fact that they're not” 
~ Jodi Picoult ~


Oh by the way, I always use polka dot fabrics in my project. They're simply my best choice when I get stuck, boring or confused. They're always adorable. Don't you think so?


From top: COPTIC STITCH, KETTLE STITCH and FRENCH STITCH
I bet you can see the differences between all stitches, from the picture. But you can read more, HERE


All shots are taken somewhere at Kampung Bagan Buaya, Nibong Tebal, Pulau Pinang. I enjoy snapping pictures here, on a classic wooden bench. How I miss my old bench that was once my favorite place when I was a child. It was a cool village, with small river, goats and chickens around. I really hope you enjoy all pictures, 'cause I really put my full effort into it, YEAH ^_^


“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life”
~ Mark Twain ~

Before I end my post, I'd like to share some old pictures (part of my journey as a bookbinder) that you may find on my Instagram and FB page. They're maybe old, but they're inspired me everyday. I hope you enjoy!














For more random pictures of my journey, you may follow me, get updated and stay connected.
That's all for now, have a blissful Monday!
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment